The Stratmat Property is located in the Bathurst Mining Camp of northern New Brunswick, Canada, approximately 45 kilometres southwest of Bathurst.
- Located approx. 20-km east of Halfmile Mine
- Near-surface sulphide body remains open for expansion along strike and at depth
- Positive PEA study completed in 2017 evaluating an integrated Halfmile-Stratmat development plan
Geology and Mineralization
The Stratmat Project is within the Bathurst Mining Camp (BMC) which occupies a roughly circular area of approximately 70-km diameter in the Miramichi Highlands of northern New Brunswick. The area boasts some 46 mineral deposits with defined tonnage and another hundred mineral occurrences, all hosted by Cambro-Ordovician rocks that were deposited in an ensialic back-arc basin. The project is underlain by a magnetic northeast-southwest trending sequence of predominantly felsic volcanic rocks and lesser sedimentary rocks which are host to all massive sulphide deposits on the property. Provincial Government regional mapping projects have classified the rocks as belonging to the Flat Landing Brook Formation of the Middle Ordovician Tetagouche Group.
The sulphide minerals consist of disseminated and massive sphalerite-galena-pyrite and chalcopyrite. The sulphide minerals are fine to medium-grained, and are coarser than those typically found in deposits of the Bathurst-Newcastle district. Disseminated mineralization, commonly of economic grade also occurs in the phyllitic sedimentary rocks as well as in the talc layers which locally grade into massive sulphide.
Mineral Resource Estimates
Mineral Resources as at December 31, 2021(1,2)
|Quantity Mt||Zn %||Pb %||Cu %||Ag g/t||Au g/t||Zn M lbs||Pb M lbs||Cu M lbs||Ag K oz||Au K oz|
(1) All mineral resources have been estimated in accordance with the CIM Definition Standards. Mineral resources are inclusive of mineral reserves. Mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability. Numbers may not add up due to rounding.
(2) The Stratmat Underground Project mineral resource estimate is reported based on 5% zinc equivalent cut-off grade with metal prices of: US$1.00/lb zinc, US$1.00/lb lead, US$21.15/oz silver, FX: US$/CAD$0.85. The Stratmat Underground Project mineral resource estimate was prepared and approved by Professional Geologist Gilles Arseneau (P.Geo.), a consultant with SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc., who is an independent Qualified Person as defined in NI 43-101, with an effective date of October 26, 2017.
In 2017 Trevali commissioned a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) led by SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. reviewing the development potential for its wholly owned Halfmile-Stratmat massive sulphide zinc-lead-silver deposits in the Bathurst mining camp of New Brunswick, Canada. Full details are available in the associated news release: